Mar 4, 2011

The Hummus Effect

  Emily loves dips and sauces. She just likes flavors period she licks any food that has a sauce or a flavor to it even the salt off of crackers. That’s just princess for you. I needed to find a better alternative than ketchup or sweet n sour sauce. So i introduced her to the over 5,000 year old dip that i fell in love with HUMMUS. I’m not really sure how old it is but it goes back. Waaaaaaay back you can check it out here. Chickpeas or garbanzo beans are a good source of folic acid, manganese, iron, copper, magnesium and molybdenum. I wasn't sure if she was going like it. So I got some baked pita chips and roasted red pepper hummus for a snack one day. SHE LOVED IT! using one chip as a dipping tool so she could lick the “hummith” off and yes my little one has a lisp which gives her a very cute unique vocabulary. We went to Rice one night a small restaurant in Nolita ill provide the link don't worry. I got her vegetarian meatballs and rice no sauce though its spicy but i got a side of pita and there Edamame hummus. Lets just say i had to order another. Emily ate some of her food but her favorite was the hummus. She was so polite to the waitress saying “Thanks yew” every time something was brought to the table and that earned her a free box of rice crispy treats. Well for the parents with kids with soy allergies traditional hummus will do. I occasionally make my own I follow a simple Hummus recipe I just leave out the Cayenne and add some roasted red peppers to the mix. Emily loves hummus it goes great with veggies, pita, pretzel's or anything else you want to pair it with and it has more nutritional value than katchup. No offence Heinz :)

http://www.riceny.com/home.php

No comments: